Hi! We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health!
Our dental family has certainly faced great challenges over the last several weeks. However, current guidelines established by Gov. Baker and the Mass Dental Society allow us to re-open on Monday, May 18. We are bringing back our staff this week, and plan to re-open our office on a limited basis on Tuesday, May 19. We will continue to see our patients on an emergency basis until that time.
While many things have changed at the office, one fact has remained constant: safety and infection control have always been our top priorities. Our strict processes have consistently made the care you receive at Epstein Dental both safe and comfortable. Now, as a result of Covid-19, we have added additional layers of infection control to protect both our patients and staff. You will see some changes during your next visit:
- Our office will contact you several days before your appointment to update your medical history and to answer a brief Covid-related questionnaire.
- When you "check-in" on the day of your appointment, a member of the dental team will take your temperature with a contact-free thermometer and ask again about your health. We also will confirm your cell phone number. Please arrive a few minutes early to complete these tasks.
- We ask that you wear a mask or face covering, and that you wash your hands upon entering the office. We will provide hand sanitizer.
- Patients will be asked to return to their cars until called for their appointments; a team member will go to your car if you do not use a cell phone.
- We request you come alone to your appointment. If this is a concern, please let us know. We are trying to use the reception room only for those who cannot wait in their car. We have removed most of the chairs and all magazines and toys from the space as they are difficult to clean and to disinfect.
- Social distancing is critical to everyone's safety. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Please do not arrive late to your appointment; if you are running late, we may have to reschedule your visit.
We have added some other safety measures as well:
- As always, our clinical staff will be wearing eye protection, masks and lab coats for everyone's protection. Now, we will be wearing plastic face shields as well.
- We will continue to thoroughly disinfect treatment rooms, equipment and instruments. While we have always performed these tasks, our team will be completing them in more detail. Please expect appointments to last a little bit longer.
- Tasks relating to scheduling follow-up appointments and payment will take place in the exam room to avoid issues with social distancing at the front desk. We would appreciate payment by credit card if possible.
- The practice has purchased several air purifiers to filter out germs and viruses from the air.
- We are increasing the sanitation of common areas by wiping down all surfaces on a regular basis.
Keeping our dental family safe is paramount. Unfortunately, as a result of the costs associated with these infection control measures, we are forced to add an infection control fee of $10 to all appointments.
We truly value our patient relationships and appreciate your trust and loyalty. We miss you, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please call us at 781.598.2100 if you have questions about the additional steps we are taking to keep you safe. When we re-open, we will contact those patients whose appointments were canceled to reschedule.
Looking forward to seeing you soon! Stay safe!
Jay Epstein D.M.D. and the entire Dental team